LKBEN10921: Ubuntu 10.10 and Hyper-V
how to install the drivers
Improve performance and makes shutdown features available
- Create an virtual machine under Hyper-V with an classical networkcard
- Install ubuntu 10.10 normaly in the virtual machine
- After installing make the system updates normaly
- Now you have to notice the mac address of you networkcard
- Edit the file "etc/initramfs-tools/modules"
(under root-rights) add the following lines:
- Save the file
- Update the initramfs:
- Shutdown the system:
shutdown -r now
- Edit the Hyper-V configuration
- Remove the classic networkcard
- install a standard networkcard an set the mac-address with the noticed
address of the old one
- Start the virtual machine
- Thats all
Disclaimer:The information provided in this document is intended for your information only. Lubby makes no claims to the validity of this information. Use of this information is at own risk!
About the Author
Author:- Keskon GmbH & Co. KG
Wim Peeters is electronics engineer with an additional master in IT and over 30 years of experience, including time spent in support, development, consulting, training and database administration. Wim has worked with SQL Server since version 6.5. He has developed in C/C++, Java and C# on Windows and Linux. He writes knowledge base articles to solve IT problems and publishes them on the Lubby Knowledge Platform.