You want to disable IPv6
Open the Registry:
- Go to the key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters\"
- If not exist create the DWORD-32 entry "DisabledComponents"
- You can enter the following DWORDs:
- Type 0 to enable all IPv6 components. (Default)
- Type 0xffffffff to disable all IPv6 components, except the IPv6 loopback interface. This value also configures Windows Vista to use Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) instead of IPv6 in prefix policies.
- Type 0x20 to use IPv4 instead of IPv6 in prefix policies.
- Type 0x10 to disable native IPv6 interfaces.
- Type 0x01 to disable all tunnel IPv6 interfaces.
- Type 0x11 to disable all IPv6 interfaces except for the IPv6 loopback interface.
Disclaimer:The information provided in this document is intended for your information only. Lubby makes no claims to the validity of this information. Use of this information is at own risk!
About the Author
Author:- Keskon GmbH & Co. KG
Wim Peeters is electronics engineer with an additional master in IT and over 30 years of experience, including time spent in support, development, consulting, training and database administration. Wim has worked with SQL Server since version 6.5. He has developed in C/C++, Java and C# on Windows and Linux. He writes knowledge base articles to solve IT problems and publishes them on the Lubby Knowledge Platform.
Latest update: 05/10/2020 | Comment: