LKBEN10719: Features and differences between Citrix Management Consoles (PS 4.5)
With Presentation Server 4.5 Tasks of Citrix Presentation Server Console have been moved to Access Management Console
...however, not all of them.
With Presentation Server 4.5 Tasks of Citrix Presentation Server Console have been moved to Access Management Console - but not all...
Access Management Console:
- create adminstrators for Presentation Server
- configure administrative permissions for objects in server farm, application-, server- and monitoring profile - folders
- publish applications, desktop and content (server farm or existing isolation environments in server farm)
- publish applications for streaming
- import application settings from a file
- configure and manage farm properties (without zone-settings)
- configure and manage server properties
- manage user sessions and processes on servers
- view (!) zones within farm
- assign load evaluators
- create Access Platform sites (to provide users access to published appl. through Webinterface)
- create Program Neighborhood Agent (PNA) sites (to provide users access to published appl. through PNA)
- configure monitoring propertiesfor ignored processes and metric summary schedule
- create monitoring profiles for Suite Monitoring and Alerting (SMA) alerts.
- set product version and edition on server
- connect to a server desktop (console / rdp / ica)
- configure and view Citrix hotfix information
- create and package traces
- generate, schedule and view reports
- view server health information
Presentation Server Console
- configure zones for server farm
- add, manage and deploy Installation Manager (IM) packages
- create, configure and manage policies for user connections
- create isolation environments for applications
- import, configure and manage printers and print drivers
- configure resource manager (RM) and view RM logs for a server
- configure Resource Manager (RM) applications
- create reports (local-, summary- and data store database)
- set reboot schedule for a server
! Presentation Server Console does not refresh automatically by default - make sure to refresh manually before changing anything and before checking for success.
! Presentation Server Console can only be used to manage one server farm at time / per instance
Disclaimer:The information provided in this document is intended for your information only. Lubby makes no claims to the validity of this information. Use of this information is at own risk!
About the Author
Author:- Keskon GmbH & Co. KG
Wim Peeters is electronics engineer with an additional master in IT and over 30 years of experience, including time spent in support, development, consulting, training and database administration. Wim has worked with SQL Server since version 6.5. He has developed in C/C++, Java and C# on Windows and Linux. He writes knowledge base articles to solve IT problems and publishes them on the Lubby Knowledge Platform.