Resolution Monitor Runlevel 3 Textwindows Commandline
How To Change Resolution in Runlevel 3
- Edit in File /boot/grub/menu.lst
- Search the line which starts with: kernel /boot/vmlinuz-126.96.36.199-ROCKY-DEV-AMD root=/dev/hdb1 ro
- insert with a blank vga=XXXX
- the line looks like: kernel /boot/vmlinuz-188.8.131.52-ROCKY-DEV-AMD root=/dev/hdb1 ro vga=xxxx
- where xxxx is one of the following
- Color depth | 640x480 800x600 1024x768 1280x1024
256 (8bit)| 0x301 0x303 0x305 0x307
32000 (15bit)| 0x310 0x313 0x316 0x319
65000 (16bit)| 0x311 0x314 0x317 0x31A
16.7 Mill.(24bit)| 0x312 0x315 0x318 0x31B
- finished line for 1280*1024/ 16.7 mill.col.
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-184.108.40.206-ROCKY-DEV-AMD root=/dev/hdb1 ro vga=0x31B
- Save File
- ich habe fertig.....
About the Author
Wim Peeters is electronics engineer with an additional master in IT and over 30 years of experience including time spent in support, development, consulting, training and database administration. Wim has worked with SQL Server since version 6.5. He has developed in C/C++, Java and C# on Windows and Linux in different European countries and different European languages. He writes knowledge base articles to solve IT problems and publishes them on the Lubby Knowledge Platform where he is one of the most important contributors and the main developer.