You forgot your password or your ip address for administration
If you have forgotten the switch’s IP address or administration password you can return the switch to its factory default state by doing the following:
- Remove the power adapter from the back of the switch.
- Connect port 1 to port 2, on the front panel, using a standard network cable.
- Reconnect the power adapter to the rear of the switch.
- Wait at least 40 seconds before disconnecting port 1 from port 2.
- After completing this procedure, the password will be empty, the network address will be returned to the default 192.168.2.10, and all configuration settings will be returned to the original factory defaults.
About the Author
Wim Peeters is electronics engineer with an additional master in IT and over 30 years of experience including time spent in support, development, consulting, training and database administration. Wim has worked with SQL Server since version 6.5. He has developed in C/C++, Java and C# on Windows and Linux in different European countries and different European languages. He writes knowledge base articles to solve IT problems and publishes them on the Lubby Knowledge Platform where he is one of the most important contributors and the main developer.