You need more information for a linux command
There are a number of ways to get more information on linux commands.
- You can start the command with the parameter --help e.g. thecommand --help
- You can view the manual page e.g. man thecommand
- You can use the info helpsystem e.g. info thecommand
- You can use the apropos to show info e.g. apropos thecommand
- You can use whatis e.g. whatis thecommand
- You can a special google linux search e.g. http://www.google.com/linux -> search thecommand
- You can search on http://www.ltdp.org/howto
- You can use a knowledgebase like lubby to search further information
About the Author
Wim Peeters is electronics engineer with an additional master in IT and over 30 years of experience including time spent in support, development, consulting, training and database administration. Wim has worked with SQL Server since version 6.5. He has developed in C/C++, Java and C# on Windows and Linux in different European countries and different European languages. He writes knowledge base articles to solve IT problems and publishes them on the Lubby Knowledge Platform where he is one of the most important contributors and the main developer.